Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Life in a Nutshell

I grew up in Southern California. I would elaborate on that but thumpers mother said that "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Normally I don't follow this advice but California has become a crap hole. Suffice it to say, I am a product of my environment and it takes people awhile to get my sense of humor and sarcasm. I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in North Carolina. While I was on my mission my family moved to Littleton Massachusetts which is where my Mother grew up. I returned from my mission and lived for the the next four years there in Littleton. I love it there and miss it a lot. But this was not so at first. I hated it when I first moved to Littleton. I missed my old friends and things that were familiar. I soon fell in love with seasons, all though I hate Satan Season A.K.A. Winter.  Snow is pretty and all, but snow removal sucks above all that is sucky. I almost left MA a few times, but I am so happy I didn't leave. If I had, I wouldn't have met my beautiful wife who is reading over my shoulder. I also made a lot of really good friends like Joe Carl who will probably never read this cause according to him, Im, lame for blogging. Can't say that I blame him.
    So now I am living in Galveston, Texas. Jen and I moved here a few days after we got married so Jen could go to Medical school. That's right, My Wife, not I is in Med school. Do I feel intimidated by it? Of course I do. Oh well, I will just ride her coat tails and be a happy house wife eating bon-bon's all day and not have a care in the world. Not true, I am trying to get into a Nursing School so I can reach my dream job of being a Flight Nurse. I have been an EMT for the last 3 years and I love it. However the pay for EMT's is quite meager. That is a rant for another day though. I just found out today that the great state of Texas decided to give me my Texas EMT license based on having licensure elsewhere. But it took a lot of hurdles to jump first. I hate government agencies and their money gouging. 
   So there you have it. My life in a nutshell.

2 comments: