I would love to take the easy way out of cooking and just buy store bought foods...
BUT!!! Jen says its cheaper to make it.
Here are a few pictures of some the stuff I've been cooking up
I also make all of our tortillias, What a pain. But we just bought a tortillia press, and I can't wait for it to arrive.
Sourdough! Easily my favorite source of carbohydrates.
My mother figure bought me a great starter, Jen says I use it too much.
About every two weeks I make whole wheat bread for Jen.
She uses it every morning for breakfast.
This reminds me, it's time to make more.
This is what I have been using lately for flour.
It is a wheat grinder attachment for the Kitchenaid.
It works pretty well, the flour isn't as smooth and fine as store bought, but it tastes pretty good.
The grinder is super loud and annoying, and takes awhile, but it is worthwhile.
I would be remiss if I didn't include these. Cheesecake.
I grew up watching my Dad make cheesecake for special occasions and always wanted to make one like He used to.
This was my second attempt. If you notice, the chocolate chips on the side are laid perfectly on the cake.
I placed each one individually.
I have lucky friends.




Glad to see that you're succumbing to peer pressure and getting your blog on!
ReplyDeleteAlso that cheesecake with the individually hand-placed mini chocolate chips was amazing!
Agreed, that cheesecake was divine. And so perfectly crafted I almost couldn't convince myself to take a bite.
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering about the KitchenAid grinder. Also, impressive chippage.
ReplyDelete